September 20, 2014

Fig, Caramelized Onion & Blue Cheese Microwave Tartines

Fig, Caramelized Onion & Blue Cheese Microwave Tartines : This is a Sweet Blog
Fig, Caramelized Onion & Blue Cheese Microwave Tartines : This is a Sweet Blog

I can't believe I am finally writing here. After two weeks!! It's been like for ages! It even feels so weird! Like thousands of thoughts in my head but I can catch barely one of them.


Anyway, it has been a tough week! When in the morning I have a full time education in my university and in the afternoon I have lectures on my correspondence course in the other uni. And after all that loooong days, when I am already more dead than alive, I still had to prepare homework for the next day. What about some sleep? Oh, no! It is something I could only dream about...though, no....how could I?

You know, I've always been resistant to different kinds of stress situations. But not this time. Didn't think it would be so difficult. I always had problems with time allocation. But however I tried, the time was never enough. Thanks Gog, this crazy week is over, but  the next is just to begin. There is no end to it.

Remember I promised a lot of seasonal autumn recipes? Hah...With such pace I will be posting pumpkin pies in the middle of summer. 

Kidding)!

I'll try to deal with all this crazy study-thing and find time for blog. Because I like baking and blogging!  And I can not imagine myself not doing what I like. It would be so damn wrong. !

Yeah...OK. Let's go closer to the fun part. Since I had been short of time the last week I wanted an easy, and what is more important, quick in the making breakfast, lunch, dinner or whatever else. Since it is autumn and a fig season. And since I am just a huge blue cheese lover, these tartines were fated to see this world. 

Gosh! They are improbable!!!!  Blue cheese gives savoury notes to the whole sweetness of figs and caramelized onion creating a balanced flavor. And the greatest bonus is that they take only 10 minutes to come together ! Sheer benefit.

Fig, Caramelised Onion & Blue Cheese Microwave Tartines 
makes 4 tartines

4 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
2 red onions, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of salt
2 big figs, sliced
50 g blue cheese, shredded
handful of chopped walnuts, toasted
1-2 tbsp honey



Place sliced onions into a dry frying pan and cook stirring until browned. Add olive oil and a pinch of salt, cook until the onion becomes soft , about 5 minutes.
Spread caramelized onion onto the toasted slices of bread. Top with fig slices, chopped walnuts and shredded blue cheese. Put in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. 

Drizzle with honey. Done.

Fig, Caramelized Onion & Blue Cheese Microwave Tartines : This is a Sweet Blog
Xo Xo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment