July 18, 2014

Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes

Believe  it or not, but only today I have realized, that half of the summer is already left behind. On the one hand it makes me sad, especially because we have only two months of summer holidays at the university (NOT enough!!).
Plus I'm a little bit disappointed, because all my plans for summer vacation went wrong.


Yep, I have to admit that I'm an egoistic person...I mean I don't like when my plans go wrong. I always have to take control, otherwise I feel...(it's even difficult to explain!)...maybe weak. Or maybe an uncontrollable angry child))....the second one is closer, I think :)

Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes recipe tarts
That is when comes the second part called on the other hand.)
The part of me that wants desperately the summer to end as soon as possible. Because spending the next month in Kiev is not the summer holiday of my dreams. Heat (really hot, not that kind of hot weather by the pool, sea or ocean), noise, dust...and so boring!!! I feel like I've done everything and went everywhere I could! 
Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes recipe tarts

Is there any on the third hand ? Kidding!!!)
Now I know for sure, that everything is for the better. Now I have more time for blogging, making up recipes and improving my photography skills. Isn't it great? 

I believe it is!
This is why I want you to note down the recipe of these super summer tartelettes. 

Notes:
  • I wanted something single-serving. Makes 6 - 10 cm (4 inch) tartelettes. 
But these ingredients would be enough to make a full-size tart 20-23 cm (8- 9 inch).
If you are making a full-sized tart, you will have to bake the tart for 40 - 45 minutes.
  • I used the same recipe for frangipane filling like in these croissants . These amount will be enough.
Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes recipe tarts

 Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes
INGREDIENTS

Sweet Pastry Crust
200 g all purpose flour
100 g  very cold butter (cut into pieces)
50 g granulated white sugar
1 big egg
pinch of salt

Frangipane 
50 g granulated white sugar 
42 g unsalted butter
1 large egg 
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
42 g almond meal
1 tbsp all purpose flour

Filling
300 g cherries (pitted)

Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes recipe tarts
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).

Using your food processor, combine flour, sugar, pinch of salt and cold butter until crumbly. Turn the dough into your work surface, lightly floured. Add in 1 egg and knead the dough. If the egg is small, add 1 tbsp of water. Do not overwork, because the butter will melt and the ready-cooked crust will be tough and stiffed. 
Divide the dough into six equal pieces. Roll out from each piece a 12 cm (5 inch) circle.  Lightly press the dough into the pan. Roll your rolling pin over top of pan to get rid of excess pastry. Poke the crust in several places with a fork to keep bubbles from forming. Place the pans in the freezer for 30 minutes.

To make Frangipane, beat the sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in flour and almond meal, beat until incorporated. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.

Fill the refrigerated crust with frangipane and place pitted cherries over the frangipane layer. Bake tartelettes for 25 minutes.  
Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes recipe tarts
Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes recipe tarts


Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes recipe tarts

Cherry & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes recipe tarts


Xo Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment