July 11, 2014

Banana Tropicana Peanut Butter Granola

banana tropicana tropical granola healthy breakfast recipe

Oh, well...It's a shame that I still haven't shown you the recipe of this mega awesome Banana Granola! Granola is that kind of thing I can't live without. I can have it for breakfast only 1 or 2 times a week, sometimes I don't eat it for weeks at all. But you will always  find a jar of granola on my kitchen.)

banana tropicana tropical granola healthy breakfast recipe
When you don't feel like preparing breakfast, you are in a hurry or just out of any other variants...then it comes a sidereal hour of Granola. Because Granola is a breakfast Queen)!

banana tropicana tropical granola healthy breakfast recipe
I have seen a lot of granola recipes in all my born days (!!!), but this one was the first and only). I don't remember where did I get it (because much water has flowed under the bridges since then...). Nevertheless I remain faithful to the main recipe with banana puree base. It is sugar and oil free...and I am completely glad about it! 

When you have the base, everything else is up to you. Add in whatever dried fruits, nuts, seeds you can find at home. Every time depending on your imagination and favours, you will get totally different  flavours ! (favours-flavours....I will be a poet in another life;))) 
This time I used dried cranberries, cherries, raisins, coconut and banana crisps. 

banana tropicana tropical granola healthy breakfast recipe
BANANA TROPICANA GRANOLA

Ingredients

2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup oat bran
3/4 cup raw nuts
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 ripe banana
2 tbsp honey (regulate to your taste)
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried fruits

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line the baking pan with a parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl combine rolled oats, oat bran, nuts, seeds, cinnamon and salt.
  3. In another bowl puree banana adding honey and vanilla extract. Add into the dry ingredients and combine well, using your hands.
  4. Spread granola evenly on a baking pan. Put into the oven. After 10 minutes in the oven, stir granola so the mixture browns evenly. Bake for another 10-15 minutes. Make sure to break up any large clumps of granola while the mixture is still warm.
  5. Once the granola has cooled completely, add dried fruits. Store in hermetic container in a dark and dry place.
  6. Serve with yogurt, any kind of milk ....or end up eating as it is).

Xo Xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment